Thursday, December 23, 2004

 

Search as you type named as software innovation of 2004

vbRad has come up with a list of their top 10 software innovations for 2004.

Top of the list is Search as you type in Firefox. As MozillaZine notes, this was actually earlier available in the Mozilla suite, and in fact its implementation there is better as far as I'm concerned - its one of the main reasons I stick with Mozilla rather than the dumbed down Firefox. (For example, the feature only works on the main web page view in Firefox - it does not work on the "view source" view).

I'd agree that a number of other items on the top 10 list are useful features, but I'd be hard pressed to say they were the top 10 innovations.

Comments:
(For example, the feature only works on the main web page view in Firefox - it does not work on the "view source" view).That works fine for me...

- Jeff
 
Post a Comment



<< Home